We perform a number of routine and emergency surgeries. Our most common surgeries include spaying, neutering and declawing (cats).
Other surgeries that are not uncommon include:
- Tail docking (puppies)
- Dewclaw removal (puppies)
- Cesarean sections
- Quill Removal
- Lump and tumor removal
- Cherry eye surgery
- Gastrointestinal foreign body removal
- Gastric dilation and volvulus (air-filled, twisted stomach) correction
- Wound repairs
If your pet is coming in for a scheduled surgery you should follow the following guidelines:
- Do not feed your pet after 10pm the night before surgery.
- Your pet may be allowed water until 1 hour prior to surgery (in the past pets have had no access to water as well as food).
- If your pet goes home the day of surgery feed only 1/3 the regular amount of food. (Your pet’s stomach may be a shrunken as he/she has not eaten for almost 24 hours and the anesthetic may slow the digestive tract).